9(d) or Treaty Trader’s Visa
9(d) or Treaty Trader’s Visa is granted to foreign nationals whose country has a bilateral trader agreement with the Philippines. The Philippines has such an agreement with the United States of America, Japan, and Germany. “Treaty Trader” means any treaty investor or foreign national employed by a treaty trader in a supervisory or executive position.
An applicant of a 9(d) Visa must have the same nationality as the majority shareholders of the petitioner-company, and he also needs to prove that the company intends to carry out substantial trade between the Philippines and the foreign country. The amount required for substantial trade is an investment of at least US$120,000.
Requirements for 9(d) Visa:
- Notarized letter request
- Notarized Consolidated General Application Form (CGAF)
- Photocopy of employment contract, SEC registration, and Articles of Incorporation
- Photocopy of petitioner-company’s latest Income Tax Return
- Photocopy of passport (bio-page, latest arrival, and authorized stay)
- Original copy of BI clearance certificate
For more information on Work Visa, please refer to the topic below: