E Investor Visas | U.S. Business Immigration Law Firm, Manila, Philippines

The Investor or E Visas are granted to foreign nationals of countries which are under a treaty of commerce and navigation, or trading and investing with America. Holders of these visas are expected to make investments in the U.S. through commercial enterprises. The U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act issues only 10,000 immigrant investor visas per year, and half of that number is allocated to regional center pilot programs.

Prior to entering the United States, foreign traders and investors must apply for a specific visa at a U.S. consulate in order to conduct proper business dealings once in America.

Generally, the E-1 Treaty Trader visa holders are those who are able to carry on substantial trade in goods, services, international banking, insurance, transportation, tourism, and technology and its transfer in America.

On the other hand, E-2 Treaty Investor visa holders direct the operations of an enterprise in which they have invested, or are actively investing, a substantial amount of money.

For more information on Investor Visas, please refer to one of the following topics: