American Immigration Based on Family Relationship | Immediate Relative Visa in the Philippines
Immediate Relatives is a classification that refers to the spouse and unmarried minor children of a U.S. citizen. Immediate relatives can also include the parents of an American citizen who is 21 years of age or older and the adopted children of a U.S. citizen.
These individuals have special privileges as the beneficiaries of immigrant visa petitions because they are exempt from numerical limitations imposed on other types of family members.
For more information on Immediate Relatives, please refer to one of the following topics:
- Immediate Relative | Qualifying Relationship with a U.S. Citizen
- Spouses of American Citizens | IR-1 Visa at the U.S. Embassy in Manila
- Unmarried Child of American Citizen | IR-2 Visa at the U.S. Embassy in Manila
- Parents of an Adult American Citizen | IR-5 Visa at the U.S. Embassy in Manila
- Immediate Relative Visa for Children of American Citizens | U.S. Immigration