IR-5 Parent of an Adult US Citizen


Parents of an Adult American Citizen | IR-5 Visa at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines

Under the immediate relative category, a U.S. citizen can petition his or her parents for immigration to the United States once the child reaches 21 years of age. Separate petitions must be filed for each parent, and once approved, the U.S. petitioner will be able to bring them to America to reside permanently. All minor children of the parents who lived abroad can be petitioned by (1) the U.S. citizen under the F4 category or (2) the parents under the F2B category, after obtaining a green card.