Scroll Top
Temporary Resident Visa

Immigrant Visas: Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

The Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is given to foreign nationals whose country does not have an existing reciprocity agreement in the Philippines but have contracted a valid marriage, recognized by Philippine laws, with a Filipino citizen.  

This visa allows the Applicant to stay in the Philippines for five (5) years provided the conditions of the visa are maintained, i.e. a valid marriage with a Filipino citizen, among others. The visa can then be extended as needed.

Pursuant to Immigration Administrative Order No. SBM-2014-006, the passports of applicants are required to be surrendered to the Bureau while the application is ongoing and shall be returned to the applicant via courier service delivery upon proper disposition of the same. Any request for pull-out of a required document (e.g. passport, birth/marriage certificate) while the application is still ongoing shall be deemed an act of abandonment of the existing application. Moreover, the application shall be dismissed and all payments made with reference to the application shall not be subject to refund.

The process usually takes 1 – 2 months from complete submission of the documentary requirements. TRV holders are exempt from securing an alien employment permit should they wish to be employed in the Philippines. However, while the TRV is being processed, a Special Work Permit (SWP) is advisable if locally employed. SWPs are valid for 3 months and renewable for another 3 months.

Continuous physical presence in the Philippines is recommended during the visa processing period to avoid the need for re-validation.

We can facilitate the Temporary Resident Visa application, inclusive of the services below:

TRV  Service Package

  1. TRV application with the Bureau of Immigration
  2. National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
  3. Medical clearance from the Bureau of Quarantine
  4. TRV ACR I-Card with the Bureau of Immigration