Special Work Permit (SWP)


Special Work Permit (SWP)

A Special Work Permit is issued to a foreign national who comes to the Philippines for short or temporary assignment. The SWP is only a permit to work in the Philippines and does not include the authority to stay. The holder is responsible for keeping his temporary visitor’s visa valid during his or her stay in the country.

SWP is also issued to musical artists, performers, professional athletes, and other foreigners who will render temporary services in the country. The Bureau of Immigration issues an initial validity of three (3) months, which can be extended only for another three (3) months.

Requirements for SWP:

  • Notarized letter request
  • Notarized Consolidated General Application Form (CGAF)
  • Photocopy passport (bio-page, latest arrival, and authorized stay)
  • Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
  • Photocopy of SEC Registration, By-Laws, and Articles of Incorporation
  • Photocopy of Employment Contract
  • Applicant’s Tax Identification Number (TIN)
  • BI Clearance Certificate

For more information on Work Permits, please refer to one of the following topics: