PHILIPPINE VISA GUIDE 101: TEMPORARY VISITOR’S VISA SERIES
“I AM VISITING THE PHILIPPINES. WHAT SHOULD BE MY VISA?”
9(a) or Temporary Visitor’s Visa
- Issued to foreign nationals who shall come to the Philippines for a short period of time, whether for tourism, business, or medical purposes.
- Restricted foreign nationals are required to secure an entry visa before they can enter the Philippines.
- Unrestricted foreign nationals can travel to the Philippines without an entry visa.
- Most foreign nationals are given a 30-day period to stay in the country upon arrival, but that initial stay can be as few as 7 days and as many as 59 days, depending on the visitor’s country of origin.
- This initial stay can be extended to a maximum stay of 16 months.